Contentment
















May 26, 2010

Complaining has sadly made it's way in our home so...we've been endeavoring to use our gift of speech for God's glory! I read the below from a dear, wise saint from the 1800's... and thought it blog worthy :).

"If we wish to gain contentment, we might try such rules as these:

1. Allow yourself to complain of nothing, not even of the weather.
2. Never picture yourself to yourself under any circumstances in which you are not.
3. Never compare your own lot with that of another.
4. Never allow yourself to dwell on the wish that this or that had been, or were, otherwise than it was, or is. God Almighty loves you better and more wisely than you do yourself.
5. Never dwell on the morrow. Remember that it is God's, not yours."

Edward. Pusey 1800-1882

1 comments:

Hilary Ann said...

I love that quote! I used to have it taped to my monitor at work . . . I think it needs to come live near my kitchen sink now.

Thanks so much for the reminder!