How are you feeling?

June 28, 2010











Due to a long term physical trial, many people ask how I'm doing/feeling. I often think of Anne of Green Gable's response to this question.

"'I am well in body although considerably rumpled up in spirit, thank you ma'am," said Anne gravely." :)

I like to say the opposite... "I am well in
spirit although rather rumpled in body."

When I mentioned the above to a friend last week, she told me of John Quincy Adam's reply when asked this question. I must say it is quite clever!

When John Quincy Adams was well past the usual span of life, a young friend met him on the street and asked, “How is John Quincy Adams today?”

Adams replied: “John Quincy Adams is very well, thank you. But the house he lives in is sadly dilapidated. It is tottering on its foundations. The walls are badly shattered and the roof is worn. The building trembles with every wind, and I think John Quincy Adams will have to move out before long. But he himself is very well, thank you.”




1 comments:

Em Campbell said...

i always think of you when i am tempted to complain of a physical trial. then i pray for you, my sister, and (thru grace!) often respond with a more cheerful heart.

thank you for always communicating joy, faith, and a trust in the LORD in your earthly pains. i cannot wait to join you running thru the happy fields of the Place God is preparing for you. respect and affection, Ol' Bean.