Cast it all...

November 20, 2008

"Roll the whole burden of life upon the Lord. Leave with Jehovah not thy present fretfulness merely, but all thy cares; in fact, submit the whole tenor of thy way to him. Cast away anxiety, resign thy will, submit thy judgment, leave all with the God of all....The ploughman sows and harrows, and then leaves the harvest to God. What can he do else? He cannot cover the heavens with clouds, or command the rain, or bring forth the sun or create the dew. He does well to leave the whole matter with God; and so to all of us it is truest wisdom, having obediently trusted in God, to leave results in his hands and expect a blessed issue." Spurgeon

3 comments:

Reesa said...

WOW. How incredibly helpful to me at this very minute. Is God kind or what!?! I just came from some counceling with a friend and, being such a "black or white" person, I can easily focus on my sinful issues, rather than being aware of them, and FOCUSING on the Holy One of Israel! Thanks for that reminder.

Reesa said...

Hey,

Yep, it's me again. I just re-read your post because I was in need of some encouragement and sure enough, it did the job! Thanks for staying at the cross. God uses you often to remind me that's where I need to go and stay! Love you all muchly and then some! Your friend, Reesa...;o)

The VanLue House of Happy Chaos said...

Excellent words my friend:) Thank you! I just may have to use these words again myself:)