Cheer Up!


November 3, 2008


Bill and I went to a 'Celebration of Life' (funeral) yesterday. My friend Libby's father went to be with the Lord and it has me thinking about eternity. I read this precious quote from Mrs. Mary Winslow this morning:


"Cheer up! We are now nearer glory than when we first believed. There sits Jesus, once crowned with thorns, bruised and crucified for your sins and mine, in all His ineffable beauty and glory waiting to bid us welcome home. “Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.” Heaven is not so far off as we think. It invites us; and it is but a step and we are there! This poor world is not our rest! Heaven is our home, and we are but sojourners here in this wilderness for a while, soon to be away! Cheer up! " (1754-1854)


Let's live for eternity!

0 comments: