Stop and pray!


Am I alone in feeling too busy? I need to stop...really gotta stop and make time to pray! Spurgeon says it so well!

“Sometimes we think we are too busy to pray. That is a great mistake, for praying is a saving of time. If we have no time we must make time, for if God has given us time for secondary duties, He must have given us time for primary ones, and to draw near to Him is a primary duty,(and our joy!) and we must let nothing set in on one side. Your other engagements will run smoothly if you do not forget your engagement with God” (Spurgeon)

3 comments:

Madeira girl said...

Thank you for posting this Gisele. Love you!

Reesa said...

That is sooo true. It still amazes me (duh) how much better my day goes if I start it in prayer. It doesn't necessarily mean I get everything done, but I sense His Grace/Mercy over my life. And at the end of the day that is more important then the piles of paper on my desk if...Did I depend/rely on my Heavenly Father? And if so....taht pleases my Heavenly Father. Love you muchly!~Reesa...;o)

Spirit of Adoption said...

Amen, sister! Did you get to listen to the sermon on prayer by Piper?? ; ) Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! Love you!