Mirielle Renee' Brown!

September 26, 2008

Growing up in an Army family-we lived in many cities and countries. One of the places I lived was Seoul, Korea. While visiting many orphanages there the Lord birthed a desire in my heart regarding adoption. How glorious it was to learn years later that the man I was to marry also desired to adopt!

We began pursuing our adoption in 1998 and initally thought we'd be heading to Korea- but the Lord had another route for us to take! Long story short-we were instead encouraged to look on the Internet for available children. It was there where we saw the first picture of Miri and our hearts leapt! 2 months later we were on a plane to Russia!

Growing up I listened to 2 French Canadian singers- one Gisele McKenzie (yes- where I got my name) and Mirielle Matteau. I always loved the name Mirielle and even loved it more when I found out that it means- "God spoke"!! God indeed spoke from the foundations of the world that this precious girl would be our daughter! I pray you enjoy taking a look at Mirielle's last 10 years!



3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Priceless! The girls miss seeing her at care group. sniff, sniff:(

JJandFive said...

I totally remember when you guys first saw her picture.
What a treasure! (Makes me cry!)
We love you, Mirielle!

Hilary Ann said...

I love how all 3 of them still look the same! From infancy there is no doubt that it's Jon, Taylor or Miri . . . it's that great bone structure =)