September 30, 2008





I am tempted to listen to the voice of fear today so I know it's time to preach truth! We don't know the status of Bill's job with Wachovia but this we know:

YOU ARE NEAR

Verse 1
When the trials come and sorrows fall on me
You are my strength, the ground beneath my feet
When temptation calls to worry about my life
I will place my hope in the cross of Jesus Christ
And joy will be my song Yes joy will be my song

Chorus
For You are near, near to me
You still my anxious thoughts
And You bring Your peace
You are near when I call
You drive out all my fears
And calm this troubled heart
You’re near to me

Verse 2
You told me to rejoice in every circumstance
And trust in You alone and in Your sovereign plan
You beckon me to come and bring You my requests
You promised that Your peace would come and bring me rest
And joy will be my song
Yes joy will be my song


Zach Jones © 2004
Sovereign Grace Worship (ASCAP)


Listen for free on Rhapsody- http://www.rhapsody.com/zachjones

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Gisele,
I have been praying for each and every one of you that has a hubby working at Wachovia. Keep pressing in to the Lord, as you are doing!

The VanLue House of Happy Chaos said...

Amen and amen!! Any word?? Thanks for the encouragement!!

Madeira girl said...

Praying for peace and stability for you guys! Love you and miss you much!

Spirit of Adoption said...

Oh, friend, we are praying! I have thought of many that might be impacted by Wachovia!!! That song is one of my favorites!!! It's the one that the Lord chose for worship on Sunday the Sunday after we learned that Karis might have Downs! Every time we sing it, somehow He draws near to my heart in a special way!! I hope He is doing the same w/ you, precious friend!!