Hippo what?

October 4, 2008


Hippotherapy!
A helpful definition ...

"Hippotherapy is a treatment that uses the multidimensional movement of the horse; from the Greek word "hippos" which means horse. Specially trained physical, occupational and speech therapists use this medical treatment for clients who have movement dysfunction. "

Over a year ago my Aunt Rita asked if I'd ever heard of Hippotherapy. I hadn't. She believed Mirielle would greatly benefit - so I told her I'd check into it. While at a homeschool bookstore only a month later, I saw a flier on their bulletin board- advertising Hippotherapy in Mount Holly, NC! I took down the number and called. What transpired next was to me a miracle! The lady who answered the phone was Melinda Kirkpatrick- the owner of Shining Hope Farms. Over 12 years ago Melinda and I carpooled our kids to Resurrection Christian School together. I also taught her 2 girls Jessie and Katie piano. Both our families ended up moving and sadly we lost touch- until I called Shining Hope Farms! It was such a joy to find out that Melinda- who passionately loves the Lord- owns and runs this horse farm! She had an opening for Mirielle to begin right away.

Jessie now works with Miri and what she has been able to accomplish amazes me! I pray you enjoy one of our mornings at Shining Hope Farms!