What is true joy?

"Spiritual joy, on the other hand, is not an attitude dependent on chance or circumstances. It is the deep and abiding confidence that, regardless of one's circumstances in life, all is well between the believer and the Lord. No matter what difficulty, pain, disappointment, failure, rejection, or other challenge one is facing, genuine joy remains because of that eternal well-being established by God's grace in salvation. Thus, Scripture makes it clear that the fullest, most lasting and satisfying joy is derived from a true relationship with God. It is not based on circumstances or chance, but is the gracious and permanent possession of every child of God." John McArthur

1 comments:

Reesa said...

WOW. this is a timely word. Last week I was sharing a struggle with someone and he asked; "Do you have the joy of the Lord?" And I replied; "Well, I'm sure I do." Wrong answer. He said I would know it if I did. thanks for reminding me of his encouragement. See ya in the a.m. for another sweet time of blessing our Lord in worship together. Love you muchly!~Reesa...;o)