Day 2

June 23, 2011



















2 more nights with Taylor living in our home. I can scarce believe it. I am finding encouragement as I see the many who live thru this season and go on to live fruitful lives :). I am so grateful to have Miss Miri for several years to come, but my boys will be gone. Over half my life has been given to parenting my two lovable, crazy boys that turned into men before I knew it. I could not be a prouder mom...but it is hard not to be a little (okay- sometimes a lot) focused on myself these days. I was thinking today about the poems that encourage moms to cherish even their children's messes because one day they won't be there. This morning Taylor brought down more plates and dishes from his room. They are the messes I will miss. It's common for me to wonder where several of our plates/cups/silverware went to...only to find them all in Taylor's room :). I know I'm sentimental but I'll never get these times back so I pray you'll allow me this memory lane indulgence :). LOVE your children...CHERISH your children. Every minute....

Okay- I'd better get to a few last entries from the book. Tomorrow (hopefully) I'll post pictures from the rehearsal dinner and then wedding!!

These 2 entries became a turning point for Bill in many ways. He has spoken of these entries more than any others. I share these to encourage any dads reading this- to spend more time with your children....they need you!!

I'll start with an entry from Jon. When we lived in Philly, Bill worked in NJ. He would leave before the kids got up and get home when they were in bed. One day Jon saw Bill leaving and said, "Thanks for coming over Daddy." Bill cried on his way to work.

Taylor's entry...When we decided to move to North Carolina, we prayed with the boys for months that Daddy would get a great job in NC. Bill got a new job about a week after we moved here and we told the kids- which is why we were surprised when at dinner Taylor prayed, "Help get Daddy a great job in NC!" Bill reminded him that he DID get a great job. Taylor responded, "Then why are you home?" Bill answered, "That's what makes it a GREAT job!" :)

Bill has had to work long and hard thru many seasons, but these memories encourage him to make more time for his kids!

A few pics from today...

It was nail salon day for the moms and bridesmaids!

Miss Miri loves her nails :)
























Stephanie's...Step 1...acrylic :)




















Relaxing for a pedicure!























Dinner was a Cobb salad... it was so pretty I had to take a pic :)

0 comments: