He has overcome the world!

February 25, 2009


Today's post comes from yesterday's reading from one of my favorite little devotionals... Daily Strength for Daily Needs- complied by Mary Tileston. Gutenberg has it available online here. I found this reading encouraging in my fight to not be moved by my circumstances! Enjoy!



John 16:33 (Amplified Bible)
I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world.


"Accustom yourself to unreasonableness and injustice. Abide in peace in the presence of God, who sees all these trials more clearly than you do, and who permits them. Be content with doing with calmness the little that depends upon yourself, and let all else be to you as if it were not." Fenelon


"It is rare when injustice, or slights patiently borne, do not leave the heart at the close of the day filled with marvelous joy and peace." Published in 1880

1 comments:

The VanLue House of Happy Chaos said...

Thank you! And...this house is prepping to put someone on a plane as I type this:)