I Believe

February 5, 2009

Have you ever had one of 'those' days? Yesterday began with a speeding ticket. I didn't pay attention that the speed limit reduced from 55 to 45. The day ended when my dear friend Libby told me that her mother is indeed dying of stage 4 cancer. She buried her father only 2 months ago.

In between were water main leak issues and strep throat.

In times like these I battle to keep my eyes on the Lord. Spurgeon helps...

"Look into the face of the Crucified. Perhaps you have sometimes wished that he were now visible, and in body accessible to you. That sympathizing One who has suffered so much for you! You have said, "Oh! that I might go and tell him my griefs, and get his help!" He is alive. He is here. He is not far from any one that seeketh him. Whosoever trusteth shall surely find Christ to be his very present help in time of trouble. Believe this, and thou shalt prove it true."

I believe!

2 comments:

The VanLue House of Happy Chaos said...

Oh my! I'm so sorry!! If I were there I'd give you a big, big hug. How about a kitty? I will definitely be praying for you tonight my friend!!

Reesa said...

Whoa. A little different than a WOW. But you know what I so appreciate about you and Bill's "stuggles"...I keep seeing the faithfulness of God in your response to Him. At times I fear that I would not respond as well are you, but then I remember that He pours out GRACE as and when we need it. Thanks for "letting" Him pour His grace abundantly on you. Love you muchly!~~Reesa..;o)