Love, Love, Love

February 14, 2009

My friend Reesa sent me this...
Where God is the focus, love is the result. –Jim Britt
God has to be the focus. Not my own reputation, comfort, or my own solutions. I cannot love others, if I do not first love God. If I love God, than I will be enamored with Him. And if I am enamored with Him, then I will want to pour the love I have received onto those He loves.

Indeed I love my fellow-Christians not simply because of the gospel, but I love them best when I am loving them with the gospel. –Milton Vincent

I guess the real question is, who do I love the most? Christ or myself. I cannot love others if I do not love Christ. And I cannot, not love others if I am entranced with my Savior. It’s an interesting thought. How do I love others more? How do I change from selfishness to selfless love? By loving Christ more than anything. It’s not about actions and checklists to change (though they are important). The goal as a Christina is to love Christ more. When my soul is full of Christ, it will naturally turn to loving His people (actions & checklists). Nothing else is possible for a redeemed soul.Where God is the focus, love is the result!

2 comments:

Reesa said...

thanks my darlin'. I really needed to read this again. Can kinda be a lonely day for us single gals. I was smooching with my man awile ago though...of course he weighs 14 lbs., is furry all over, and is playing with his catnip toy. BUT, he still loves me..............ha. Love you muchly!~ Reesa..;o
)

Colleen Moore said...

Hi Gisele! It's me, your #2 fan! (I would only give up #1 to Bill!) =D

I can't even believe how long it has been since I saw you at Scott's office! I am now married (it will be a year on 3/1) and I am living in Jacksonville and our family is part of the SGM church here.

I stumbled across your blog just now (in the middle of the night) and couldn't be more happy about it! So often I think of you guys and pray for you...wondering if God has set any of the plans in motion that we talked about last we spoke...

Your Love, Love, Love post goes right along with what we are talking about in home group right now...what an awesome encouragement!

It was so good to see your smiling face, even if it's by blog and not in person. ;D

Blessings sweet sister!