Day 1

July 13, 2009


I remember being aware when Jonathan was born- that one day he'd leave home. Grasping the fact that today is that day?? Impossible! I believe I will always be one of those mom's who make it a point to tell new moms to enjoy their children because it'll fly by. It really does.

I am so grateful to the Lord for all that has taken place over these past few weeks. Many wonderful memories were made- but the one that stands out most is our dinner on Day 9.

Today was indeed surreal! I truly sensed the grace of God at work- thank you to those who prayed! We started our day all rising around 6ish. As Jon was ready to head downstairs he went in to wake Miri. This was precious :)



The first thing she asked was- "Is there lightening?"~Due to the flash from the camera :)


Jon put the last few things in his car... then sat down to breakfast with Bill.




I love this shot... my 3 men!

This is the "DON'T LEAVE" shot!

My 3 kids :)

Miri was so funny! She said she wanted a "Don't leave" shot!!


As Jon was getting ready to leave I started crying so Miri said "Don't worry Mom- it's going to be okay! Jon will be close to Disney!" She then said "And you still got him!" (Pointing to Bill :) ) We laughed and laughed which so helped as I took this shot...


And this one...

How I thank the Lord for the privilege of being the mother of Jonathan Holt Brown!

2 comments:

"Grateful Gracie" said...

What an awesome mom you are, Gisele! You have been on my heart during this transition. I pray special treasures will come through this new season.

Lindsay said...

Awwwh Gisele. So sweet.
It's so encouraging for me to read this since mine are so little.
I have been praying for you all. And I can't wait to see what God does!