We're Home!

July 20, 2009


We had a wonderful weekend at the NC State Fairgrounds! I came away ever so grateful for the Special Olympics. To see the joy on these children's faces when they'd each get a ribbon or medal was precious! There were many emotions over the weekend. To see up close what challenges families face each day brought me to tears. To see family members bending over backwards to encourage each rider also brought me to tears. They were a family...understanding some of what it means to have a child with special needs. We were privileged to be there- to be a part.

Miri was a bit nervous to ride in the big arena but even though she had to change horses last minute- she did well. She was so funny- she won 2 third place ribbons which were her favorite color- yellow. She had 2 more classes to compete in and only wanted yellow :). She got a 4th place ribbon (white) but then rode her best in the last class (equitation) and got another yellow! Thank you Lord!

Sadly we had major camera struggles so these are the only shots that turned out. Bill did take video and another mom is getting me a CD of the pictures she took. If I get more I'll post them soon!



1 comments:

The VanLue House of Happy Chaos said...

I've been getting 'updates' and have been so excited for this sweet girl!! Congrats Miri!! Thank you God for this gift of a memory for this precious girl!!