Day 5

July 9, 2009


Jonathan slept for the first half of his day today- which is understandable given he and Taylor thoroughly enjoyed themselves at the McMahon's 'Goodbye Jon' party :). Here's a picture from the evening...
Adam and Jon :)

I then spent the afternoon at the dentist getting a root canal. I wouldn't recommend one :)...but I'm thankful to the Lord for anesthesia!!

Tonight Jon chose my mom's recipe for Macaroni and Cheese. It is by far our favorite Mac 'n Cheese recipe. It's a rare sighting to find Jon near the stove- so check it out!

While we waited for the Mac 'n Cheese we watched another one of Jon's favorite movies... The Empire Strikes Back. Amazingly he can quote most of the movie. Yes- he's quite gifted :).

Here's the final product!


We ended our meal with Jon's favorite dessert- a version of Key Lime Pie. Yum!
Once the pie was consumed- Jon headed upstairs for surely his favorite time of the week- his phone call with Julie :). Need I say more?


3 comments:

Julie said...

awww...it's my favorite time of the week too :)

Reesa said...

How precious these memories will be for Jon AND you guys. I didn't recognize Jon in the first pic. Why are they so "red"? ha. We will miss him too, but what a comforting blessing it is to know that he will be taken care of by the Lord, through a ton of friends in Florida. Will keep praying for your mommy's heart. Love you muchly!~Reesa...;o)

The VanLue House of Happy Chaos said...

Texting from my phone:) I love the last pic:)! Ha!