Day 9


July 5, 2009


Today's photo- Day 9- was taken while Bill, Jon, Taylor and I had a special dinner together. We took some time to ask Jon a few questions like-

"What were some of your best childhood memories?" Building forts I think took first place! They would use every blanket/sheet/comforter/towel! They were incredible forts!

"What were some of your worst childhood memories?" Those awkward middle school years :) My poor boy!

"Is there anything unresolved (from the last 23 years) that you'd like to talk about?" Taylor started off asking forgiveness for throwing a hanger at Jon when he was about 11 :). We did get serious- it was a wonderful time!

"Do you have any observations for each of us personally- or for our marriage?" Jon had insightful observations for each of us and especially for our marriage. He encouraged Bill and I to make spending time with each other more a priority. Taylor suggested we endeavor to take a walk each day and spend more time in the Word together. We came away oh so encouraged and so grateful for both our young men!! God is so good!

I will always treasure Day 9 :).

3 comments:

The VanLue House of Happy Chaos said...

Awww! You're making me cry and I'm starting to feel a little guilty! I remember going thru this with Jason and he stayed in the same city! Praying for you:)

Boiler Girl said...

If Jon is interested, we have a friend who works for CCCI in Orlando. If he wants his contact info, just let us know!!

Reesa said...

What a great idea to have him choose his meals for his "last days". ha. O.K. Now I HAVE to crash your family dinners. I am free every single night in the next 10 nights, except for Tuesdays. I start my Beth Moore study tomorrow on Tuesday nights. PLEASE let me come over so I can have my "Jon Time"...;o)ha